Emergency Operations Plan
The County of Ventura Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) provides the structure and processes that all key partner agencies within the county use to respond to, and initially recover from, a major emergency or disaster event. The current EOP was adopted by the Board of Supervisors at their March 1, 2022 meeting and is updated every 3 years. The plan consists of a collection of dynamic components that:
- Assign responsibility for carrying out specific actions in an emergency
- Set forth lines of authority and organizational relationships
- Specify procedures and systems to alert and notify staff, the public, protect residents and property, and request support when needed
- Identify personnel, equipment, facilities, supplies, and other resources available for use during response and recovery operations
Other Preparedness Plans
Hazard Mitigation Plan
The County’s Multi-jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) inventories the natural hazards Ventura County is most vulnerable to and prioritizes actions for risk reduction based on a comprehensive area-wide mitigation strategy. The current HMP was adopted by the Board of Supervisors on July 12, 2022, and approved by FEMA on August 16, 2022.
- Identifies the primary natural hazards that impact our area
- Assesses risks to the community and area resources
- Serves as a guide for decision makers as they commit local resources
The Federal Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000 (Public Law 106-390) requires jurisdictions to maintain an approved HMP to ensure continued eligibility for disaster grant funding opportunities under the Robert T. Stafford Act., including FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC), and Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA).
Additional information on hazard mitigation and the 2022 HMP update can be found within the HMP storymap.
CURRENT PLANNING EFFORTS
ALL-HAZARDS EVACUATION PLAN
As we move into 2022, the Planning team is working to draft an all-hazards evacuation plan that will act as a functional support annex to the County’s EOP. This plan will outline strategies, procedures and organizational structures that will be used in managing coordinated, large-scale evacuation efforts.
Alert and Warning Plan (update)
Get Started on Your Emergency Kit
Don't wait until an emergency happens, when it's too late! Ready Ventura County makes it easy for you to create a kit that's just right for your household. Use our plan builder to get started today.