Up to 40% of businesses never recover after experiencing a major disaster. You need an emergency business plan to help protect your people, data and other assets.
Some things you can do to be Business Ready include:
- Develop a Business Continuity Plan.
- Prepare your Business Emergency Response Plan.
- Practice your Business Emergency Response Plan through training and drills.
- Be informed of local hazards that could affect your business.
- Review your insurance coverage.
- Secure your facility and equipment.
- Improve cyber security.
- Promote family and individual preparedness.
- Register your business for VC Alert emergency notifications.
If businesses are READY to survive and recover, the nation and our economy are more secure. A commitment to planning today will help support employees, customers, the community, the local economy and even the country. It also protects your business investment and gives your company a better chance for survival.
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ON THE
EMERGENCY PLANNING COUNCIL BUSINESS PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE & SUPPORTING MATERIALS
For more information on the Ready Business program, visit: www.ready.gov/business.
The following resources will give you an idea of what it may cost to develop a disaster protection and business continuity plan. Some of what is recommended can be done at little or no cost. Use these resources to get started and then consider what else can be done to protect your people and prepare your business.
LINKS TO OTHER RESOURCES